I bought a 2008 33' Fleetwood RV and have had nothing but problems with it.Niels RV in North Hills, CA had the RV for repair over 3 months the 1st 12 months I owned it.

That wasted time on my warranty. Niels puts the customer in the middle of Fleetwood and them while they bicker about replacement or fixing the issue. Now that the warranty has expired they are price gouging to fix some of the same things they didn't fix correctly the first time when it was under warranty. RV's are usually a 1 time purchase for most people and that is why they don't care about repeat business.

I am trying to warn potential buyers not to purchase a Fleetwood RV or do business with Niels. They treat you like a king when you are in the market but as soon as the sale is complete they don't want to work with you.

What happened to American pride of workmanship and craftmanship.No wonder all of our jobs are going offshore.

Had an Experience with Niels RV?

Comments

Chatsworth, California, United States #720862

My wife and I purchased our 2001 Pace Arrow from Neil's in 2011. We have had it back several times for service and repair. While not as fast as ordering a Big Mac at Mickey D's the work they did was done correctly the first time and they have resolved all the issues just as expected.

While not the cheapest guys on the block, you definitely get what you pay for. In fact, I would not want the cheap guys working on a piece of equipment this large and this complex as a 33ft motorhome with two slide outs.

The staff is great. Being in a service business myself I know what to look for. They have earned my business.

Steve and his guys get my vote...

Any questions, call me.

Mitchell Marcus

President

The MSM Technology Group

818.882.8987

Irvine, California, United States #708001

I bought a 06 36-D pace arrow, and I had it in approximately 7 times during the first year which is understandable there are so many things that can go wrong with these motorhomes.Last month I had a skylight that was broken, they come in 2 pieces an inner and outer dome, the job was incomplete due to debris left in between the inner and outer dome, and I tried to finish the job, however I was unable to remove the lower or inside dome without destroying it.

I went in and talked to Scott the service manager, and he was kind enough to replace the inner dome and also offered to install it.

Needless to say stuff happens but in this case neals motorhomes came through and corrected the situation and I thank them for it.

Mr.B

bought a 2008 bounder(good price)from niels rv. We live about 1500 mi. away and been having some problems with fleetwood on warrenty, Don at Niels stepped in and helped us out like a good dealer should Thank you Don

#192107

Aluminum pop rivets holding door on 2006 Jamboree GT replaced , since repair door out of alignment that deadbolt wouldn't work.Service done...cut hole in door jamb larger for deadbolt to slide into.

Brilliant! door vibtates a good 3/8-1/2" when in closed position. 3rd service repair at this facility where we purchased from ( and recommended other purchasers ) NEVER AGAIN ! Jeff , get out and look at what repair is like afterwards.

See what the quality of the hole in jamb looks like. Might have been a can opener for all we know .VERY Displeased. And you have the nerve to tell my wife you replaced the lock??? The strut was ordered and not in yet?

The cashier found one on the back shelf in a bag and had it installed in 5 mins.Are you a "Certified" Fleetwood repair facility, and are they aware of these quality repairs you make to these vehicles?

#190413

I bought a really old ( 17 years) Southwind for a 9 month trip from Neils RV. All I can say is that their service was absolutely superb, they fixed a couple of minor problems at no charge and also took the time to explain everything to me when I picked the RV up. :)

Hello Jeff,

Kevin Taylor here, I have done service business four times with Niels and three times was not satisfied. (I was very satisfied with the new purchase price)

First time a US brake install on my jeep with tow bar, rush order, done in one day, great.

Second was factory warranty issue for overweight lean of 37c Southwind, common problem. Fleetwood refused the additional leaf, offering a spacer. Later, Niels refused to ask fleetwood again. Betts Truck parts added leaf and spacer, excellent. $1,000.

Third was inverter install and fantastic fan upgrade. Both were wired backwards. The inverter batteries were two different brands and discharged improperly.

Fourth visit, I told Jeff I was a full timer and he took three months plus for following:

four new batteries for inverter, $760 installed. That is 3 hours labor to get to batteries in easy spot...hmmm Jeff declined to rewire inverter. Left 15amp on kitchen and 20 amp for TV. Good job Jeff.

Factory refer problem (no notice first three visits) $670, fixed, but looks marginal when cover is off. Installed refer crooked with trim buckled. Left water in refer for three months with mold and residual from being on when dropped off. Waited an extra hour to clean that out. Oh, and when I show Jeff the trim, he got his hand dirty and I watched him wipe his fingers on my carpet. Thanks Jeff.

Skylight broken and roof leak, $1,200. Looks professional. ...

They charge a premium and deliver basic and below. No attention to detail, no clean-up and no satisfaction.

Call me Jeff, you have my number!

I too bought a RV from Niels in 2004 and everytime we had to take it back for service, we came home unhappy with their service.Last time they tried to tell us something was damaged and it was going to cost us $500.00.

When my husband checked on the so called damaged item, there was not a scratch.We ended up calling the manufacturer for assistance and fixed it our selves for 50.00 dollars.

Unfortunately, this customer is hiding behind a wall of anonymity, so providing a response is pretty difficult without knowing specifics.

However, I can tell you that Niel's has been in business for over 50 years, and we take tremendous pride in our outstanding customer satisfaction. We rely heavily on repeat business and customer referrals. Rarely do we have a disgruntled customer, but when we do, we do our very best to take care of the situation expeditiously and fairly.

I would be happy to help resolve any concern if you would like to come out from behind the curtain you are hiding behind.

My name is Jeff Lain, and I am the Director of Parts and Service. My phone number is 818-891-2166.